Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the 2015/2016 Academic Session in the undergraduate programmes of Tansian University.
All candidates applying for admission into any of the undergraduate programmes must:
Possess the academic qualifications as specified by the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board for Course of choice.
Achieve at least the approved minimum pass mark of 180 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations.
Note: Candidate who sat for the 2015 UTME who did not indicate Tansian University in any of their choices are eligible to apply.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
TANSIAN UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT INSTRUCTION
For a successful online registration, candidates are expected to complete two basic processes of registration as explained below:
PAYMENT TO TANSIAN UNIVERSITY E-TRANZACT ACCOUNT
VALIDATION OF PAYMENT ONLINE
PAYMENT TO TANSIAN UNIVERSITY E-TRANZACT ACCOUNT:
- Students should visit the Tansian Payment/Registration web portal (http://www.tansianportal.com); carry out their online registration, printout their tuition fee invoice for onward payment at any branch of a commercial bank in Nigeria of their choice, only less bank charges into the e-tranzact account for Tansian University Application Portal. There is no account number, applicants should simply ask for TANSIAN UNIVERSITY E-TRANZACT account.
Please submit the online registration, completing all required fields. The online registration can be completed in several sessions. You can save and come back later to complete your registration. Note however you must copy your online registration number because it will be required to resume your online registration.
- To use the online Web application, you will need to have Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape version 4.0 or higher.
- Use the ‘Step’ functions to navigate to a previous page in your application.
- Use mixed (proper) case when supplying name information. Mixed case refers to capitalizing the first letter of each word of a proper noun.
- Your online registration must be accompanied by a clear scanned photograph of yourself (Full face frontal poses with both eyes visible, without any glasses, head or ear covering. The full face pose must cover 70-80% of the photo. Your photo must be scanned at a minimum resolution of 100x100dpi and a maximum resolution of 150x150dpi. Picture can be saved in any of the following formats: JPEG, PNG or Bitmap).
- Please note that you will be disqualified if your picture does not meet the above specification.
- Please store your scratch card safely as you will always need it to continue a saved registration.
- After submitting your registration online, ensure that you print a copy of the online registration for your records keep.
After payment of your tuition fee in the bank, a print-out would be given to you by the bank teller. In the print-out, there are two numbers namely: Receipt Number and Confirmation Number: this will be needed to proceed with your online payment validation.
VALIDATION OF PAYMENT ONLINE:
Students are expected to visit the Tansian University Online Registration/Payment Portal link FROM the school website: (http://www.tansianuniversity.edu.ng
). Login as a student click on the Validate Payment link and input the E-Tranzact Receipt Number and Confirmation Number. A Receipt would be printed out at a successful validation of your tuition fee payment.
Faculties And Departments
Tansian University has been granted approval by the National Universities Commission (NUC) to run the programmes as listed below.
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
B.Sc Computer Science
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
B.Sc Banking and Finance
B.Sc Business Administration
B.Sc Mass Communication
B.Sc Political Science
Philosophy and Religion
B.A. Philosophy and Religion
GENERAL STUDIES AND ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILL COURSES
- With a view to enriching the curriculum, the University has established some academic support units to facilitate the academic departments in their direct teaching areas. Each academic support unit is established to facilitate learning and assist students in attaining the objective of a ‘total man’ fully equipped to face the challenges of life outside the university environment.
- The National Universities Commission, as part of the minimum academic standard, has made it mandatory for all undergraduates in Nigerian Universities to study for and earn credit units in General Studies. Tansian University, because of its distinctive posture, has also made it mandatory for its students to earn credit units in entrepreneurial skills. These requirements provide opportunity for students to have some knowledge of other disciplines apart from their areas of specialization and also learn some trades that can be of benefit to them in the future.
- For this reason, the University has set up a General Studies Unit to achieve the following objectives:
- Fostering the development of community skills among students.
- Providing basic knowledge to students in other disciplines apart from their area of specialization.
- Developing entrepreneurial skills for dependency and ability to maximize opportunities.